The Association québécoise de prévention du suicide (AQPS) has worked tirelessly since 1986 to reduce the number of suicides in Québec.
It has a membership of more than 150 organizations and individuals who are united in their desire to work together effectively to prevent suicide.
The AQPS focuses its efforts in the following areas:
- Ensuring suicide prevention is a public health priority;
- Increasing awareness among the general public and decisionmakers through awareness campaigns;
- Developing and delivering counsellor training;
- Supporting organizations and individuals to build a suicide-free Québec;
- Promoting joint action by members of the suicide prevention network.